Krasno White Blend
Over the centuries, heroic winegrowers have tenaciolusly terraced the steep marly slopes below the little village of Krasno to plant their vines. This unique land produces distinctly mineral authentic wines, with a character only found in Slovenia’s Goriška Brda region.
- Origin: Brda wine-growing area
- Form of vineyards: terraced
- Altitude: 80 – 200 m
- Climate: sub-Mediterranean, a mixture of warm sea air and cold Alpine winds
- Grapes variety: 40% rebula, 30% chardonnay, 30% sauvignonasse
- Harvesting: exclusively handpicked grapes
- Fermentation: Chardonnay: 70 % in stainless steel tanks at a temperature of 14 ºC, 30% in large oak barrels
- Maturing: Rebula: 100 % in stainless steel tanks at a temperature of 14 ºC, Sauvignonasse: 100 % in stainless steel tanks at a T of 14 ºC.
- Maturing: Rebula and Sauvignonasse: 100% in stainless steel tanks, sur lie for 6 months, Chardonnay: 70% stainless steel tanks, 30% large oak barrels.