Quercus Cabernet Sauvignon
A synonym for a modern fresh, fruity and full-bodied wine. Quercus wines are a perfect match for Mediterranean dishes, featuring diverse seasonal ingredients – the essential components of a healthy diet.
Quercus Cabernet sauvignon is a A sophisticated, rich and structured wine.
Colour: classic ruby red with a light purple hue
Aroma: Typical varietal aromas, reminiscent of blackcurrant, green pepper, cedar tree and mint.
Taste: Fresh but extremely pleasant, smooth and easy to drink with an interesting tannicity – a wine with a remarkably agreeable aftertaste
- Wine growing area: Brda
- Position of vineyards: SW, S
- Form of vineyards: terraced
- Altitude: 100 – 300 m
- Vine training: single Guyot
- Spacing: 4,000 – 5,000 vines/ha
- Age of vineyards: 10 – 30 years
- Soil type: clay and sandstone
- Climate: sub-Mediterranean, a mixture of w arm sea air and influence of cold Alpine winds
- Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Harvesting: exclusively handpicked grapes
- Vinification: 8 – 10 days at 25 – 28°C
- Fermentation: 30% in French and American barriques; 70% in stainless steelMaturing: 30% in French and American barriques for 12 months (Sur Lie); 70% in stainless steel
- Malolactic fermentation: partial