Colliano Ribolla Gialla
This one of a kind varietal is known to be found mainly in the Collio border regions of Italy and Slovenia. Once referred to as the "wine of kings", this unusual varietal dances across the palate with flavors of Pinot Grigio, the soft acidity of Sauvignon Blanc and complimented with the slight fruit of a dry Riesling. The wine is full and lively on the palate with notes of lemon, peach, cedar and grapefruit, the finish is full and lively with a gentle aroma of acacia and vanilla. Best served with fish, shellfish, refreshing salads and light meat dishes. This is a year round white wine for all occasions.
- Geographic origin: Goriska Brda in Slovenia
- Height above sea level: 80 – 200 m
- Variety: Ribolla Gialla 100%
- Fermentation: 100% in big oak barrels
- Maturation: 100% in big oak barrels