Colliano Cuvee White
This cuvee is a tasteful merging of three varietals, Ribolla Gialla, Sauvignonasse, and Chardonnay. Picked solely by hand, the wine reflects the history and quality produced form this wine region. The blending of the creamy lightly oaked Chardonnay with the well balanced acidity gained form Sauvignonasse is complimented with the complexity of the Ribolla Gialla varietal. Malolactic fermentation finished with oak barrel ageing produces a wine for all seasons. Colliano Cuvee White is best served with light roast meats and fish, cream sauce dishes and highly seasoned foods. Especially fine with Mediterranean cuisine.
- Geographic origin: Goriska Brda in Slovenia
- Height above sea level: 80 – 200 m
- Variety: 40% Rebula, 30% Chardonnay , 30%Sauvignonasse
- Fermentation: Chardonnay: 100 % in stainless steel tanks at a temperature of 14 ºC, Rebula: 100 % in stainless steel tanks at a temperature of 14 ºC, Sauvignonasse: 100 % in stainless steel tanks at a T of 14 ºC
- Ripening: Rebula and Chardonnay in French oak and Sauvignonasse in stainless steel tanks, sur lie for 6 months
- Finger lakes International Competition – bronze medal